How to Sell Your Home Quickly
Friday Nov 30th, 2018
If you’re selling against a deadline, such as a closing date for a new home or a job relocation, there’s nothing more comforting than finally seeing that “SOLD” sign on your front lawn. There’s a lot you can do, as the seller, to make sure that happens – as quick as possible.
- Be flexible with the viewing schedule – If the only time buyers can see your property is “Thursday, between 4-6 pm” many are not going to bother. Ideally, you want to schedule viewing appointments at times convienent to buyers. That means being open to weekday evenings and weekends.
- Make sure your property shows well – There are many proven techniques for preparing your home, so that it looks appealing and impressive to buyers. To know more about them please feel free to get in touch with me.
- Price it right – You don’t have to low-ball your home to sell it quickly. But, you do need to be smart about pricing and set the list price at the home’s fair market value. (I can help you determine that as well)
- Be willing to schedule an Open House on short notice – An Open House isn’t always necessary to sell quickly. However it is an effective tool to market your property. Who knows, your neighbour just might have a friend that wants to move into the neighbourhood.
- Entertain less-than-perfect offers – You might get an offer that’s lower than expected, or contains a condition you don’t want. Skilled negotiation might be able to make that offer better.
If I’m selling your home and you’re in a rush to sell, I shall put together a promotional plan designed to sell your property quickly and efficiently – taking into account what is going in the local market and which marketing tactics will work best for your home. Contact me today at 647-228-5000 for a FREE, no obligation home assessment.